ZOI RUNNING POD AND ZOI RUN APP
- Charge the Zoi pod or pods.
- Download Zoi Run app to your Android or iPhone smartphone.
- Pair the pod to your smartphone.
- Shake the sensor and wear your Bluetooth Smart compatible heart rate monitor (if you have).
- Go to Zoi Run menu and choose Zoi Sensor -> Connect new sensor.
- Pair one sensor as Chest sensor (red indicator) and another as a foot sensor (green indicator).
Before running first time
- Get familiar with the Zoi Run app.
- Mount the cradle part to the chest strap or your heart rate sensor belt. Plug-in the chest-mount configured pod into the cradle. Carefully check that the pod goes properly into the cradle – it is, the upper, smooth edges of the cradle (orange color) cover properly over the pod.
- Mount the cradle to the shoe laces and plug the sensor firmly into the cradle. Carefully check that the pod goes properly into the cradle. The upper, smooth edges of the cradle (orange color) cover properly over the pod.
- Connect your headphones to your smartphone (if available )
- Open Zoi Run app in your smartphone and its Run section.
- Press Start and run.
During your running session
- You can pause and resume the recording during your exercise session.
- Note: Zoi gives running instructions sparingly not extensively in the non-instructed running and let you enjoy running. The running technique skills are better to be trained and learnt in dedicated exercises (the advanced personal coaching features are coming to Zoi Run in future releases)
After your running session
- Press Stop in Zoi Run app.
- Your exercise appears in your exercise diary.
Note 1: If there was a problem with the recording you started with an application , the exercise data could be found in the pod’s memory. Go Zoi Sensor – add press Synch.
RUNNING without a smartphone
- Mount the Zoi sensors as usual
- Run your exercise.
- After exercise
- Move or smoothly shake Zoi pod in order to power it up (if it is not yet ON)
- Go to Zoi Run app – Zoi Sensor – Sync from sensor
Note 1: The pod is not able to store exercise start time, speed, distance, route info. Neither voice instructions are not available.
Note 2: It is highly recommended to upload/synchronize the pod’s exercise data memory immediately after the exercise.
- Charging time: 90 min
- Active operation time: > 10 hours
- Zoi Run app is compatible with standard Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensors. Functionality tested with Polar H6, Polar H7, TomTom HRM, SportsTracker by Suunto Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor, Known issues with Wahoo TICKR products
- Cradle Dimensions (L X W x H): 4.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 cm, weight: 4.0 grams
- Pod Dimensions (L X W x H): 3.8 x 2.8 x 0.9 cm, weight: 8.0 grams
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS ZOI?
Zoi is the name of a smart virtual female coach. Zoi coaches recreational athletes to enjoy, motivate and achieve more in running. The solution provides specially designed training programs for running. Zoi has a voice and she can instruct you while training. Zoi is a trademark of Runteq Ltd.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN ZOI?
The Zoi solution includes the Zoi application for iOS smartphones and two Zoi sensors. The smart phone app and the sensors are connected to each other by Bluetooth Smart connection.
WHAT IS UNIQUE IN ZOI?
Zoi takes health and fitness tracking to the next level in several ways:
- The Zoi solution measures diverse biomechanical data not seen in any other solution before. The gathered data enables detailed gait and upper body motion analysis.
- Based on in-depth analysis of the data the user is given detailed oral or written instructions on how to develop his/her running skills.
- The Zoi solution is compatible with increasing number of Bluetooth 4.0 wearable sensors and proprietary immediately when their manufacturers disclose the APIs. One application is enough, no need to run several apps at the same time.
WHAT IS ZOI APP?
Zoi is a mobile app designed for both recreational and aspiring runners who want to achieve their goals. The app is free to download. The application offers live speech coaching, training programs, training log, and naturally running technique analysis with actionable instructions.
WHY TWO ZOI SENSORS?
The Zoi solution includes two sensors. One of them is attached on foot and the other one is attached on chest. The sensors can be used also individually, but the richest set of biomechanical data can be captured only by mounting both foot and chest sensor.
DOES THE ZOI SENSOR RECORD THE EXERCISE INFORMATION WHEN NOT CONNECTED TO THE SMARTPHONE
The biomechanical (running tehnique-related data) is stored when the sensor detects running. The exercise data can be uploaded to the smartphone after the exercise (Go Zoi Sensor-> Sync from sensor). Note that Date, time, speed, distance, route information are not cover. We recommend immediate synchronization after an exercise.DOES ROUTE TRACKING AND VOICE GUIDANCE WORK WITHOUT THE SMARTPHONE.
They do not work. Zoi does not have a GPS. The GPS tracking and voice guidance require to carry the smartphone.
WHAT HEART RATE MONITORS ARE COMPLIANT WITH ZOI RUN?
Zoi Run app supports standard Bluetooth Smart compliant heart rate monitors.
DOES ZOI OR ZOI RUN SUPPORT ANT+ HEART MONITORS?
No, they do not.
WHAT IOS DEVICES DOES ZOI SUPPORT?
iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, and 6 Plus
DOES ZOI SUPPORT WINDOWS PHONE?
Support for Windows Phone is not currently planned.
HOW DO I GET HELP OR SUPPORT?
You may find answers to your questions more quickly if you browse through our FAQ. We are constantly updating our FAQ with new queries and answers.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT REGARDING POTENTIAL PARTNERSHIPS?
Please send a message to us at email@example.com
HOW SHOULD I CONTACT YOU FOR PRESS ENQUIRIES?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I WANT TO GET INTO ZOI DEVELOPMENT TEAM. ARE YOU HIRING?
Zoi is developed by Runteq Ltd, based in Tampere, Finland. We are hiring new talents. Please send your CV and tell why you are the right person to join the team. Please email us at email@example.com
HOW COULD I HELP IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ZOI?
Please follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts and give comments for new features.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I LOST MY ZOI POD OR CRADLE. CAN I BUY A NEW ONE AS A SPARE PART?
Please contact us email: email@example.com.
THE POD DOES NOT POWER UP
- Out of power? Remove the pod from its cradle and plug-in the micro USB cable. Charge the pod. Shake the pod.
- If the charging does not solve the problem, please contact our customer service by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE POD DOES NOT CONNECT TO MY SMARTPHONE
- Check you have Bluetooth ON in your smartphone. iOS: Settings – Bluetooth
- Go Zoi Run app – Zoi Sensor – Add new sensor
- Choose the sensor you want to pair.
THE POD IS PAIRED BUT THERE IS NO RUNNING TECHNIQUE DATA AVAILABLE IN APP
- Are the pods connected to the smartphone (Check Sensor and live Technique sheets in the Running mode view.)
- Did you press Start before and Stop afterwards
- Please note that the majority of the running technique data is only available with the chest mounted pod. The shoe mounted sensor data is limited.
THE POD HEATS UP
- Stop charging by disconnecting the pod immediately from the charger.
- Contact Runteq immediately by email: email@example.com
THE POD DOES NOT GET CHARGED
- Check the functionality of your USB charger and the micro-USB adapter.
- Does the charging LED get on when you plug-in the charging cable?
- Contact Runteq by email: firstname.lastname@example.org